Applications are made online through this website.
The Canada Council for the Arts is now accepting new applications.
Please note the following changes to the Killam Research Fellowship deadline and application process, effective for the upcoming competition:
- New application deadline of 1 June, 2020
- The Canada Council is no longer using the Common CV (CCV). Please be sure you upload an updated curriculum vitae under the appropriate field listed within the Attachments section
- You must make arrangements with three (3) Canadian or foreign specialists ("Referees"), who can assess your application to the Killam Research Fellowship Program, and invite them to each submit a letter directly to the Canada Council for the Arts no later than the application deadline of 1 June, 2020. Referees must send their letter to the following email address: email@example.com.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the referees receive your project information and assessment criteria in order to provide their review letter. It is also your responsibility, and to the benefit of your proposal, to ensure they submit their letters by or before the application deadline.
In order to submit an application you must acquire a user name and password from the Killam Program staff at Killam@canadacouncil.ca. You must do this even if you have applied previously as user names and passwords are not retained for more than one competition.
Please check the eligibility criteria first.
- These are release-time fellowships.
- Retired professors are not eligible to apply. If you are close to retirement, sufficient time must remain to permit completion of the research project prior to your retirement.
- A Killam Research Fellowship cannot be used during a sabbatical; the sabbatical period must occur either beforehand or afterward.
For reference purposes, you can consult the pdf version of the application form as well as instructions on how to apply.